Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Spring Into Wellness ~ Ylang Ylang

Let's imagine that you're at the end of a very long & very taxing day......the babies are crying & fussing, the laundry is still in dryer (on the 4th fluffing cycle), you just burned supper & now the smoke detector is going off, everything else you've touched today has been a disaster, & all you want to do is go to bed & start again fresh & on a different foot tomorrow.  Can anyone relate to that??  Please tell me I'm not the only one that has occasional days like this.  Honestly, MOST of my days are VERY happy days & run really smoothly.  But we all know that life has a way of getting our attention periodically, right!?!  
Stress is just a part of life.  It is different for each of us, but we all have it!!  I've been using essential oils for over a year now.  And I love that I have so many natural & safe options for relieving the daily stress, tension, & anxiety that life puts on me.  
Today, I'd like to introduce you to Ylang Ylang essential oil. Ylang Ylang has a long history in hair & skin care products.  In Asia it is commonly used to promote luxurious hair. It has a sweet & flowery fragrance and has been found to be very effective for bringing a sense of calm & relaxation.  It may also help to release feelings of anger, tension, & nervous irritability.
You can diffuse Ylang Ylang or wear it as a lovely & therapeutic perfume.  At times when I'm particularly stressed or tense, I love to use Ylang Ylang along with Stress Away & Joy in an Epsom salts bath.  Ahhhh........it will completely melt your negative thoughts & worries away.  You can go to this link if you'd like to read more about Ylang Ylang.  If you have tried & used Ylang Ylang I'd love to hear your thoughts & how you use it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment