Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sickies STINK!!!

Just like every mom in the world, I HATE it when my babies are sick.  Recently poor Aubrey woke up burning up with a fever, 102.3.  It came out of the blue & we didn't know of anything she had been exposed to.  Aubrey does have a history of sinus & ear infections & even allergies making her feel this bad.  The only thing she complained with was a headache.  So, we went to work to manage her headache & fever.  She drank a lot of juice & did a lot of sleeping.  We used essential oils (lemon, Thieves, & peppermint), Epsom salt baths, & even a couple of small doses of medicine to bring her temp down.

Even after all of that she was still puny & her temp was coming below 100.8.  So, I decided to pull out another natural remedy that I had read about & tried before.  The last time I tried it, it worked great.  It is a method using eggs whites.  Basically you separate the egg white into a bowl.  Then fold a paper towel & soak it in the white.  Once the paper towel is coated, place the folded paper towel on the bottom of feet & put socks on over.  My girls do not like how this feels, but I love how it works.  So, I did this with Aubrey & rocked her to sleep.  When she woke up, her temperature was 99.3!!!  Success!!! 
I'll keep this filed away for future reference & I hope that maybe it can be helpful to others as well!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment