Saturday, May 23, 2015

Spring Into Wellness ~ Workout Performance & Recovery

Exercise............love it or hate it, it is something we all desperately need. I
 know this lady right now does not get enough of it!!  But we all know we need to take care of our body......we only get one!!  We have to take care of our body through  diet & exercise.  
So, in this post I'll be sharing some of my favorite exercise oils.  There are oils & other products that are beneficial for pre-workout & post-workout.  Some of the oils shown in this post will be discussed in greater detail later this week.
This graphic just happens to have some of my favorite products listed.....Deep Relief!!!  It is amazing......sore muscles, headache, knee pain, back pain, shoulder pain. I could go on & on.  Deep Relief is a convenient roll on blend containing Peppermint, Lemon, Balsam Canada, Clove, Copaiba, Wintergreen, Vetiver, Dorado Azul, Helichrysum, & Coconut oil.  WOW!!  What a powerhouse!! Besides all that it has a energizing & invigorating scent. Now, do you understand why I won't be without?? 
 Besides already being AWESOME, now our roll ons have brand new gorgeous packaging!!! 

 














Sore muscles are just a part of exercising.  We all know this.  I think it helps when we know safe ways to help us deal with & relieve the pain.  Panaway is another fabulous blend by Young Living.  Think of it this way:  Panaway = PAINaway.  :)  Make sense?  Panaway contains Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, & Peppermint.  Here is what Young Living says about Panaway:  "
PanAway® was created by Gary Young following a severe injury to the ligaments in his leg. Containing wintergreen essential oil, which is often used for massage, PanAway is soothing to the skin while providing comforting warmth to muscles after exercise."  Young Living also offers these tips for using Panaway: Product Tips
  • Rub PanAway essential oil blend across your lower back if you feel discomfort from sitting in front of a computer.
  • Rub PanAway essential oil blend on muscles to help alleviate stressed muscles or other physical discomforts.
  • Rub PanAway essential oil blend on your temples to ease minor head tension.
 Recently I developed some sort of problem in my left shoulder.  It didn't bother me all the time, but it was especially tender if I slept on my left side or did too much lifting & pulling during the day.  During this time I decided to sweep our garage out for my hubby while he was at work one day.  We live on a mini farm.......full of dust & dirt & grass.  So, the garage was in horrible shape.  Our driveway is gravel & when it is dry is super dusty & when it rains it is super muddy.  So this does not bode well for our garage.  Our vehicles bring in either dust or mud.  So I spent about an hour sweeping all the mud/dust out of the garage.  Now, this is not traditional exercise, but let me tell you, I burned some calories that afternoon.  When I was about halfway through I could tell that it was a mistake for my shoulder that I had done this.  That evening I was hurting BAD!!  So, I alternated a couple of roll ons on my shoulder.  I started with Deep Relief.  Then I used a "Pain Bomb" blend that I made myself.  In it I put Panaway, Peppermint, Valor, Lemongrass, & Copaiba. I put in about 10 drops of each essential oil & then filled the bottle with grapeseed oil.  This recipe is "the BOMB!"  After alternating these two roll ons, I woke the next morning & was almost 100% pain free in my shoulder!!!   
Lemongrass & Copaiba are two wonderful oils from Young Living.  So many therapeutic properties.  Lemongrass is know to support overall well-being and I personally find that helps help tension & pain for me.  Copaiba is a powerful essential oil from South America.  It supports the body's natural response to irritation & injury.  This makes it a perfect fit for use after workouts & exercise.  Copaiba also acts as a magnifier.....meaning whatever you pair it with, it will "magnify" that oil's properties.  I discovered Copaiba when it came to be as a freebie one month and boy am I glad I got that freebie!! It has truly become a favorite oil of ours. Here is some more information from Young Living about Copaiba Essential Oil

No matter what kind of exercise you're doing you can be confident knowing that Young Living has the best oils & products for you.  Whether you are doing yoga or running or anything in between. 

  Here are just a few more tips & ideas for your workout & recovery part 1
 & part 2.
So, now tell me, what are YOUR favorite YL products for your exercise program?

No comments:

Post a Comment