Friday, May 15, 2015

Spring Into Wellness ~ Lavender

Wow.............so hard to believe that we are already starting week 3 in our Spring Into Wellness series!!  Time really does fly by!!  This week our health focus is on SLEEP!!!!  It is something we all need!!!  And I would imagine there are very few people who are actually get the recommended amount of quality sleep!!  Sleep is just as important to our health as diet & exercise.  A healthy adult typically needs 7-9 hours of sleep a night!!  If sleep is this important for our bodies, don't you think we ought to figure out ways to help ourselves get a proper amount of quality sleep??  Seems logical to me......
The first oil we will look at for sleep is Lavender.  Lavender is often called the "Swiss Army Knife" of oils because of all the great properties it possesses.  Lavender is naturally a very calming & relaxing oil.  This makes it perfect for soothing your body into a blissful night of sleep!! 


Just look at all the amazing things this oil can do!!!!  Lavender is a daily oil at our house.....for everything from allergies to burns to bug bites to skin irritations to sleep to anxiety (Swiss Army knife,remember??)  For sleep it works really well for my husband to take 4 drops in a capsule with olive oil.  My oldest daughter also likes to apply lavender to the back of her neck before bedtime.  
Is Lavender part of your bedtime routine?  I'd love to hear how you use it in your home.  Here are more ideas for implementing your SNOOZE ROUTINE.  


Just one more really cool thing to share........I have also used Lavender oil in my kitchen.  Last summer we made some lovely Lavender lemonade.  And this cookie recipe is one my girls ask for often!!!  Try it out & let me know what you think!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment