Wednesday, April 8, 2015

March........Welcoming Spring Time

Ahhh, spring time!!  Spring is such an exciting time of renewal......all kinds of new baby animals, new grass and flowers and plants, watching for new growth of garden seeds planted, etc...  The days start getting longer & brighter.  Everything is  alive and excited!! My family will tell you that I'm not as much of an outdoor person as they all are.  I don't like fighting the bugs and getting sweaty.  But the older I get the more I am enjoying it.  There is something so peaceful about walking outside and hearing all the bird calls and the frogs singing and even all the bugs buzzing (as long as they stay away from me, we'll all be fine).  So, bring all spring............all the walks outside, the evenings spent in the backyard until dark-thirty, campfires, and just enjoying my life and my family.

Here is a peek at just a few things we had going on during the month of March.  My girls are both starting to be very eager to help me around the house.  So, one evening I decided to let them handle dessert for us.  Now, it was a VERY easy dessert mind you.  But they were super proud just the same.  They made us some very yummy chocolate covered strawberries!!  Now we all can't wait for our own strawberries to come in!!! 

Probably my most favorite thing about our farm is having the goats.  They are fun to watch and play with.  And they are just super sweet and friendly.  But the best part is that our momma goat, Jojo gives us some really good milk!!  It is a sad day when we've dried Jojo up for a few months and then we're without her milk.  My favorite thing to do with her milk is to make my caramel sauce..........it is delicious and has so many uses.  This caramel sauce has turned me into a coffee snob.  You see, this is what I use in my coffee..........YUM!!  I'm happy to report that Miss Jojo is keeping us in good milk right now so I'm getting to make caramel sauce a couple of times a week. 
We have been taking our schooling and our lunchtime outside since the weather has been warmer.  Fresh air and vitamin D are so wonderful for our bodies.

I thought this picture was too cute not to share.  Schooling is such a big part of our day and our life.  It seems the girls are mimicking that with their princess dolls. I came into the living room to find this princess school going on!!
The end of March was very wet.  The girls got to truly enjoy being little country girls.  After an especially heavy rain, they enjoyed a day full of playing  in the mud and puddles.  I had just as much fun watching them as they were having playing.  I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy stuff like this with them.
They kept saying "This is so much fun!!!" 

Here's to a bunch more spring days to enjoy with my family!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment