Thursday, April 30, 2015

Learning FUN

Children are sponges.........we've all heard this.  And it is so true.  Children soak up everything!! This school year, for me, has been out learning how my girls learn.  I want to make sure that I'm exposing them to all they need to succeed.  What I've learned is that they LEARN & THRIVE & GROW in everything they do.  From the time they wake up until the time they go back to sleep at night their brains are actively soaking in new information.  I would like to share with you just a few of the "funner" ways that we learn.

Both of my girls seem to love all things creative. I'm so happy to have found an art studio offering classes for them.  Right now they are in class together.  The class is call My Art.  Each week they learn something different & use a variety of mediums & methods.  This is a picture their teacher took of the class last week.  I absolutely LOVE seeing their creations & each week!!!
 We also enjoy "field trips."  Two places that we visit frequently are the library & the vet clinic.  My girls love these places.
Since we've been studying plants & gardening the last couple of weeks, I got the girls a root viewer kit.  We had to moisten the peat moss & we'll be planting a carrot see, radish see, & onion seed.  They are so excited about this!!
I have figured out that very few people enjoy practicing math facts.  I have had to get many different ways to get through math with Ava.  We have days when she tells me "I wish school & math didn't even exist."  Some days we have to find a different way to get our practice in.  Sunny days are a great time to get outside & let the fresh air clear you mind.  We recently started using our sidewalk chalk.  She has started getting all her problems correct!!! This is a big WIN!!!!
Aubrey also enjoys having her lessons outside.  She's working on addition & sight words.  I love to see my girls learning & proud of their work!!
Who knew learning could be this fun??

No comments:

Post a Comment