Friday, March 6, 2015

Living the Oily Life

We've been using Young Living Essential oils for a little over a year now.  After only a couple of months using the oils, we were already accustomed to reaching for oils instead of traditional medicines.  Now, don't get me wrong.........I AM NOT against doctors or medicines.  BUT if I can have a more natural means of caring for my family & myself then that is what I'll choose every time!  So, this is just a way of life for us now.  We only reach for OTCs or prescriptions when we have to & in the past year I can count on one hand how many times that has happened!!  Isn't that amazing!?!?!  To say we LOVE these oils was be a huge understatement!!  Because of our great love for these oils, I thought I'd give you a peek into what a normal day is for us!! 

We each have our own little oily routine.  My hubby's routine centers around bedtime. It took us a while to determine what was working for him & what wasn't.  We did find out that there are a couple of oils that give him headaches because of the way they work chemically on the brain.  So, after trial & error we've learned which to avoid.  What finally worked best for him for a long while was a sleep capsule at night before bed.  I would put 4 drops of lavender, 1 drop of cedarwood, & 2 drops of peppermint in a capsule & then finish it off with olive oil.  He would take this about 30 min-1 hour before going to bed.  Lately he has preferred to use Tranquil topically instead of taking a capsule.  Tranquil is so GOOD SLEEP, let me tell'ya!!!  
Now, I'll talk about my girls & their routines.  My oldest daughter has eczema. So I keep a cream made from coconut oil, lavender EO, & Purification EO.  She uses this as the need arises.  Besides this she tends to get an upset tummy frequently.  DiGize has been a lifesaver for that.  I do not have a picture of her eczema cream or DiGize.  But they are things that she uses several times a week.  I keep a prediluted roller bottle of DiGize made for her.   She can roll it on as she needs it.  I think some of her tummy issues are caused by nervousness & worry.  She gets that honest......but I sure wish I could take it away from her.  She gets things on her mind & gets very anxious & upset sometimes.  I'm thankful that we've figured out how to use the oils to deal with this.  Her routine now is to apply these oils before bed each night.  She will also apply them during the day IF she feels she needs them.  Right before going to bed, she puts a drop of Joy on her heart & Stress Away behind her ears & DiGize on her tummy.  Then she applies Tranquil on the back of her neck for sleep & Valor along her bottom jaw to help her not grind her teeth in her sleep!!
Now I'll share what I use for my youngest daughter.  I keep a prediluted roller bottle of the allergy trio mixed up & a prediluted roller bottle of R.C. mixed up.  The allergy trio consists of Lavender, Lemon, & Peppermint essential oils.  These are great for helping with seasonal allergies & cold symptoms.  So I use this on Aubrey when she is feeling stuffy or congested or coughing.  My girls say that R.C. is "magic for a cough." 
Because Aubrey's immune system has always seemed puny, I wanted her to start using Inner Defense.  However, she is too young to swallow a capsule.  In order for her to get the benefits of these amazing immune supporting oils, I made up a roller bottle of the oils that are part of Inner Defense.  I used Thyme, Thieves, Clove, Oregano, & Cinnamon Bark then filled the rest of the way with olive oil.  We roll this on every night before bed & then several times a day if she isn't feeling well.
Aubrey is the one in my family that LOVES Peace & Calming.  She loves how it smells & I love how it helps her sleep!!!  Seriously, she can roll P&C on & in about 15-20 minutes she'll be asleep........I mean mouth hanging open asleep!!!! Good stuff!!
One of my favorite ways to use these oils is to make my own roller bottles.  I keep Panaway in a prediluted roller bottle & carry it everywhere with me.  We all use it.  It is great to roll on for headaches!!  Probably my favorite use for Panaway, though, is for growing pains!!!  Both of my girls periodically have horrible growing pains in their legs.  They'll wake up in the night crying with their legs hurting.  Panaway comes to the rescue everytime!!
Now I'll share just a few of MY favorites ways to use the oils.  I use the citrus oils in my water.  And my favorite lately is Stress Away!!  I roll it on my neck & just feel the tension start melting away.  I am also loving it lately in the diffuser.  I have also started taking a drop of Frankincense each night in a capsule.  Everyone needs Frank.........it is good for so many things, skin, cold, anxiety, cellular health, & the list goes on & on!!!
Deep Relief is another personal favorite.  I use it for headaches or neck aches or any kind of pain ailing me.  It also comes in a convenient roller bottle.  

Did you know you can add 1 drop of Lavender essential oil to your tube of mascara for thicker eyelashes??  I'm trying that now too!!
How do you know a true oiler????  Well, maybe this is just me........but I consider myself a true oiler.  My oils go everywhere with me!!  Here is a look at the bag that is in my purse anytime I'm away from home!!! 
I hope you've enjoyed this look inside our oily life!!! 

2 comments:

  1. will definitely be using some of your information, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found it helpful, Brenda!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete