Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Beauty In The Everyday


I am the most ordinary person you'll ever meet!!  Seriously.........and I'm okay with that!!  Don't get me wrong, I love to have fun & do things out of the ordinary.  But when it really comes down to it, there is just nothing more peaceful & soothing than an ordinary day.  So, today I decided to really focus on our ordinary, routine day.  Homeschooling has been such a blessing for us.....in so many ways.  We're not different or no more special than any other family & we LOVE being together as a family.  Homeschooling allows us to be together as a family more than we were before.  Now, the girls are home with me all day long.  And they seem to really be loving it & doing well with their schooling.  It seems to me that they are closer to each other than they were before we started homeschooling.  I never dreamed that was possible.  Another great thing is that since they are here so much, they are able to really help out with chores.  And they love being able to help out around the house & barn.  We have adequate time for our schooling and for our chores and the girls still have tons of time to play & be kids.  We're really looking forward to starting our garden in a few weeks!!  

Today I just sat back & watched my girls working & just took some time to be thankful for my completely, ordinary day in this life!!!  We are so blessed....  

Ava & Aubrey love it when I let their pups stay with them during school!!

Now, my challenge for you is to go find the joy in the ordinary this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment