Friday, February 27, 2015

So, I Got My Starter Kit..........NOW WHAT????

So, you've been researching essential oils and which ones to buy and how to get started.  If you're like me, you've chosen Young Living because they truly are set apart from ALL other oil companies out there!!!  In the months before I bought my kit, I did a lot of research.  I found that I loved lots of things about Young Living.  But what separates them from the competition is this......
 Young Living's exclusive seed to seal process consists of  five steps.  Young Living owns their owns their own farms.  We also work Co-op farms......our experts go & work with these farms to make sure that they are also operating to our standards.  

So, after researching & learning about various companies, you purchased your Premium Starter kit!!!  I remember distinctly the day I purchased mine!  I was giddy with excitement.........could not contain myself.  When my kit arrived I had a varied array of emotions.........excitement, intimidation, nervousness, excitment again!!  I immediately tore into my box & started opening stuff.  But I know several people who are intimidated & overwhelmed.  I've even known a few who let the box set unopened for a few days/weeks.  AND THAT'S OKAY!!!  My point with this post is to hopefully make everyone feel more at ease about what to do WHEN your kit arrives.  It doesn't have to be super scary!!         
So, when your kit & you open the box, the most important thing is to read your labels.  Everything you need to know about your essential oils is on the bottle.  These oils can be used aromatically, topically, and some can even be used internally. (***By the way, I ONLY recommend using Young Living's essential oils internally.***)  Some oils can be used "neat" which means straight out of the bottle with no carrier oil necessary, while others need to be diluted for use. For your topical use there are three most popular points for application:  behind your ears, wrists, and the bottom of your feet.  These are pulse points and vitaflex points.   Moving on to using them aromatically, the diffuser that comes with your kit is perfect for using your oils aromatically.  Aromatic use very beneficial and fast acting.  The molecules of the essential oils are so tiny that they penetrate quickly.  Inhalation can trigger numerous healing responses & can also heighten your senses!!  Finally you can ingest these oils.  PLEASE just make sure that you read your labels...........not all of the Young Living Essential Oils are ingestable.  There are several options as to how to take the oils internally.  You can add them to a shot of milk or water.  You can put them in a capsule.  You can put them in a spoon of honey.  You can put them directly under your tongue.  And you can cook/bake with them.  The possibilities are endless!!!    I'm hoping to eventually get  a post about the individual oils in the Premium Starter Kit.  So be on the look out for that!!!
 Besides reading the labels, the other most important piece of advice I'll give you is to go slow when you firsts receive your kit.  I'm speaking from experience here.  :)  When my kit arrived I went nuts & tried to use every oil within a few days.  If essential oils are new to you, you'll want to take it slow & try maybe one or two oils per day for the first week or so.  After your body has acclimated, you'll be good to go.  I lose count of how many oils I use each day now!!!  To start out, I'd recommend getting the diffuser out & start using it first.  My personal opinion & preference would be to start with Thieves or Purification.  But that is your call!!!  So, what are you waiting for..........go open your kit & prepare to be amazed!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment