Thursday, February 12, 2015

How Do Essential Oils Work?

Hello again, everyone!!!  Well, some of you are probably considering trying essential oils, but I'll bet you're asking yourself, "how do they work?"  I'm gonna try to answer that for you today.  I started using essential oils one year ago.  And before I finally purchased my starter kit I did months and months and months of research.  I wanted to make sure that I was getting the very best offered.  I wanted to make sure the product was pure and unadulterated.  What's funny is that for my whole life (like most of you, I'm sure), I had taken Tylenol and Motrin and prescriptions for various things and it never occured to me to research that.  I think this is true for most people.  When we're looing for a natural alternative, we pour ourselves into researching every detail of something and yet we fill ourselves with chemicals and garbage in our diets on a daily basis.  It is kind of silly and messed up, but C'est la vie!! 
So, back to our essential oils.  To understand how they work, we must know what they are.  Essential oils are the vital fluids (or life blood) of plants. They are called "essential" because they are just that..........essential for the plant to live! These oils are made up of tiny molecules.....so small that they can make their way into every cell of the body and can therefore administer therapy at the most fundamental, cellular levels in our bodies.

Essential oils are completely different than our cooking oils. Our cooking oils are fatty oils and their molecules are just fat. They cannot get through and into the cells.  But these essential oils are designed to do just that.  

And did you realize that people have always used essential oils.  There are many oils referenced in the Bible.  Frankincense and Myrrh were two of the gifts brought to the baby Jesus.  And think about the creation.  God put Adam and Eve in an aromatic garden.  These oils are used aromatically, topically, and internally.  

Now for some more science.  Are you ready?  Remember that I said that essential oils are made of TINY molecules?  Well, because of that they are very concentrated.  One drop of essential oil contains trillions of molecules.  We have tons of cells in our body, but one drop of essential oil is enough to cover every cell in our body.  It's amazing, isn't it!?! Okay, do you have your thinking cap on?  It's about to get a little more complicated.  Molecules are made up of compounds.......I'm going to share with you three compounds found in essential oils.  Ready?
Firsts we'll talk about Phenols.  Phenols clean the cell receptor sites.  Why is this important?  If your receptor sites aren't clean, the cell can't communicate.  If cells can't communication, malfunction occurs.  Nobody wants that.  So the phenols come in and create an atmosphere on the receptor sites where unfriendly agents cannot live.  Which essential oils contain phenols?  Anise (90%), Clove (80%), Basil (70%), Oregano (70%), Thyme (48%), Calamus (30%), Cinnamon (25%), and Cassia (8%).
Now we'll talk about Monoterpenes.   These are found in most essential oils. Monoterpenes can reprogram miswritten information in our cellular memory.  What happens if we have improper cellular coding?  Cells malfunction and sickness results.  So, we want our cells to be healthy and properly coded, right?  So, here is a list of essential oils that contain monoterpenes:  Grapefruit (92%), Angelica (80%), Frankincense (77%), Cypress (77%), Galbanum (75%), Pine (60%), Rose of Sharon (54%), Juniper (54%), Spruce (50%), Peppermint (11%).  
Finally, we will talk about Sesquiterpenes.  These deliver oxygen molecules to the cells.........(just like hemoglobin does in the blood) and  they erase miswritten codes in cellular memory.  So sesquiterpenes are like a double whammy to harmful agents that invade the body.  One part disables and the other parts stops growth!!  It is crazy amazing!!!  Here are some essential oils containing sesquiterpenes:  Cedarwood (98%), Vetiver (96%), Sandalwood (95%), Patchouli (85%), Ginger (70%), Myrrh (60%), Spikenard (50%), and Black Pepper (47%).
So what is the bottom line?  Essential oils simply restore the body back to its natural state of health and balance.  
I will end this post by thanking Monique McLean.  She is in my upline with Young Living.  I have learned so much by following her.  The information in this post came from my learnings from Monique.  The factual information came from Healing Oils of The Bibe by David Steward, Ph.D.  

Thanks so much for reading!!  I hope I've helped you understand a little better how these oils work.  As always, please comment here with any questions or you can email me (ericalovell@att.net) or find me on Facebook & send me a message!  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment