Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Struggle is REAL

Good morning!!!  I hope this post finds you having a GREAT week!!!  I'm not sure how the weather is where you are, but let me tell ya.......we've got a PERFECT weather day going on today!!!  When I woke up this morning, the overnight low was 60*!!!!  So FALL-LIKE!!!  Most everyone that knows me, knows that fall is my absolute favorite time of year!!!  So, I say, bring this weather on!!!  Now, I do realize that we're about 5-6 weeks away from fall so there will be, I'm sure many more HOT, HUMID days between now & then.  But for today, I'm going to bask in the perfectness of this weather!! I hope you will too!!

Have you been following along with our #1Step group on Facebook?  I hope you have.  It is a phenomenal group full of people who just want to encourage each other to better themselves by taking just 1 health step (or making 1 healthy choice) each day!!  We have a calendar for the month of August that you can download & print to write out your goals for the month!!!  I love having this......makes the goals more real & it keeps them in front of me so I'm focused on them.  
My goals for the month are to drink 100 oz of water daily, continue my Couch to 5k program, start back with my healthy meal planning, drink 2 oz of Ningxia Red daily, lose 5 pounds, blog about my #1Step journey, & consistently take my lemon, grapefruit, & peppermint capsules to help me reach my goals!!  Well, I'll just tell you......some of these goals, I've done very well with & some of these goals are proving to be a REAL STRUGGLE!!!

I have done well with the couch to 5k program.  I am just finished week 6 today!!  And I'm happy to say that I'm doing the program 3 times a week & I'm walking on the days in between!!!  I just hope my motivation holds.  ;)  I'm also doing really well with the 2 oz of Ningxia Red.  Let me share with you how I'm doing that.  I LOVE Ningxia Red.  Have you tried it yet??  If you haven't you are really missing out!!  So, go order your some Ningxia Red right now.....I don't mind waiting!! :)  Okay, there are some days that I take the very convenient 2 oz pouch with me when I head out to run.  I'll drink it on my way to the track & then I'll chase it with a Nitro to give me an extra boost during my run.  Some days though, like today, I'll just have a Nitro on my way & then when I get home, I'll have a smoothie.  I make my smoothies with organic kefir, fresh & frozen fruits, a splash of maple syrup, & 2 oz of Ningxia Red.  Then I'll add some essential oil for a flavor boost!!  It is a super yummy way to fuel for the day!


Do you have some favorite things to use or do to help you get through a workout?  I know I need help getting through mine.  But I also want to keep in mind that a workout has to be that........WORK!! Or it will not change me like it want it to.  Still I love having these amazing products from Young Living to help make the workout a little more bearable!!  Here are some of my favorites........
I've already mentioned Nitro...........I feel about Nitro the way I feel about Ningxia Red.  If you don't have this, you really need to get some.  You NEED this in your life.  I promise you'll thank me for this later!!  Besides Nitro I also use various combinations of essential oils.  En-R-Gee is always on the bottom of my feet.  And the one time I forgot it, I FELT like I forgot it!!!  So, I make sure I have it on now!!! I also like to put peppermint on my knees....this just helps the joints feel cool & loose to handle the run.  Peppermint is also great on these super HOT summer days.  On those days, I'll apply it to the back of neck for a cooling sensation through my workout.  Last week, each day that ran required that I use RC.  Why?  RC is wonderful for supporting healthy lung function.  I've found that it is incredibly helpful to my breathing on hot, humid days!!
One of my other goals is to consistently take my lemon, peppermint, & grapefruit capsules.  I love how these capsules make me feel......the only problem is that I FORGET to take them.  So, I went ahead & made me about 2 weeks worth & stuck them in the freezer for storage.  The reason I put them in the freezer is so that the citrus essential oils don't breakdown the gel capsule.  The lemon oil works as a detoxifier.  It pulls toxins from my body to be eliminated. Who don't need that???  The peppermint oil is wonderful for supporting healthy digestion.  And the grapefruit oil is for boosting metabolism.  So, you can see that these capsules need to consistently be part of my routine.  I'm doing better with this since I've made them in advance.  But there's still room for improvement.  So, I'll continue to work on that this month!
I also need to do better with the blogging.  I'm really trying....but you know how it is.  Life keeps us busy & time gets away!!  I'll do better.  I have made other improvements along the way this month.  I am doing better at drinking my water.  I'm not getting 100 oz in every day, but I am on most days.  And I'm also consistently ordering water in restaurants!!  This is HUGE!!!  I'm making my water more enjoyable by adding some essential oils for flavor.  My current favorite is Jade Lemon!!!  So refreshing!!   I'm also enjoying healthy snacks...........lots of fresh fruits.  And I'm loving the Slique bars. They are just 140 calories!!!  I cannot wait to try the new chocolate ones they just released at convention!!!!  YUM!!!

So, tell me............are you in the #1Step group?  Want to be added?  All you have to do is let me know!!  I'd also love to hear how you're doing with your goals this month!! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing pictures of all the small things you have added to your routine to make it manageable to reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete