Thursday, August 27, 2015

Lists & Goals & Dreams

For as long as I can remember I've been a list maker.  I'm one of those people who will make a to do list just so I can mark stuff off my list.  Over the years I've grown to really depend on my lists & this is how I function.  I remember in junior high school I used to love to buy those little 2 year planners!!!  I loved to have a clean, blank one & start filling it in with all my stuff!!  At a very early age I would always keep a little planner & notebook with me.  When I didn't have them easily accessible I would grab another notebook or piece of paper.  As I got older, I really started depending on my planner.  Now, I always get excited when it is time to buy a new planner.  I have another post planned about some of my favorite things & my favorite planner is one of the things I plan to share! So, stay tuned for that!!
I've always heard it said,  "A goal without a plan is just a wish."  The list maker in me LOVES this quote.  So, it made my day when Elizabeth started talking about the #1Step group that we started at the beginning of August!!  She had this fabulous calendar for us & everything.  The purpose of this group is to encourage & help us to realize that by making 1 healthy choice a day we can reach our health & wellness goals.    It felt so good to fill in my goals & get ready to tackle them for the month.  Now at the end of the month, I wanted to share with you some things I did to help me reach these goals that I set.

One of my favorite things to do is to fix my super healthy smoothie.  I usually have this for breakfast after my run or walk.  I use kefir, frozen fruit, YL Ningxia Red, MultiGreens, Power Meal, Ningxia Nitro, & essential oils.  This keeps me full & helps detox my body of yuckiness.  It also fuels my body with all kinds of goodness to tackle the rest of my day.
Young Living has so many products that help me reach my goals.  I use these products daily.  Have you tried the Slique bars?  They are so yummy. A very tasty way to snack.  With Young Living, because of their Seed To Seal guarantee, you can know that you are putting the best into your body.  
It also helps me to do my essential oil capsules each day.  I use lemon, peppermint, grapefruit, ocotea, & cinnamon bark.  I take these twice daily (morning & evening).  Then I also use Slique Essence & take it around lunch time.  This combination of oils keeps me feeling motivated & energized & it helps me not feel bloated.  I'm also able to crush sugar cravings.  Another thing that helps me is to flavor my water.  I do not enjoy drinking water.  But thanks to YL, my water is better than ever. The citrus oils are so yummy in water.  That makes me drink more water.  And we all know that's good for you!! 

Young Living also provides me with some amazing products to help me with my exercise goals.  I've been using the Couch to 10K app to get into running.  On the days that I don't run, I walk 3 miles.  Since school has started back, I always stop at the track after I drop the girls off.  This has made it possible for me to get at least 5 days of exercise in a week.  I start by putting En-R-Gee on my feet & Peppermint & Panaway on my knees.  On days when the air is thick, I apply RC to my chest.  Then on the way to track I have a Nitro!!
At convention a couple of weeks ago, YL introduced an amazing new sports gel, Cool Azul.  WOW!!  It is wonderful for soothing sore, tired muslces!!
Thanks to these steps, I've been able to really tackle some of goals for August.  Just last week I was able to jog for a full 28 minutes!!!  This is huge for me!!  I also, in those 28 minutes had to run this incline pictured below 6 times!!  And I did it...........WITHOUT STOPPING!!!  At the end of my run that day, Kool & the Gang were singing "Celebration" on my playlist.  I felt that was appropriate!! Another goal I've tackled this month is to lose weight......I've been able to lose 10 pounds!  I have a lot more to go, but I love being able to move these marbles over & see my progress!!!
I hope you're joining me in the #1Step group.  I'm looking forward to finishing the month strong.  And I just got word a few days ago that we have a September calendar ready to go.  So, tell me, what goals have you reached this month?  Who's in for September?

No comments:

Post a Comment