Monday, July 25, 2016

Always Playing Catch Up

I find myself with so many thoughts in my way & I struggle to get them down in writing.  Because of this, I ended up having to play catch up on things like my blog.  Am I the only one with this problem?  Surely I can't be alone.  Well, I intend to do better.  We've had a busy first half of the year.  

The holiday season is one of my favorite times of year, second only the FALL!!  I love everything about fall.  But that is a post for another time.  We started this year by taking the girls to Walt Disney World again.  I've always loved WDW.  It is completely wonderful & spellbinding.  I went a time or two when I was a child.  Then we went for my high school graduation & three years later went for my brother's high school graduation.  After Jim & I got married, I could not believe he had never been.  So I talked him into taking me the summer after we got married.  I loved it every time I visited!! I always looked forward to having my own kids to take to WDW!! Well, let me tell you, it was NOT a disappointment.  As spellbinding as it was for me, it was even more magical & enchanting watching my girls experience for the first time. We took the girls for the first time in 2013.  At that time Ava was 6 & Aubrey was 3.  It was a blast & absolutely so precious. They were completely riveted & carried away with all the princesses.   Well, this past January we took the girls once again. I love watching my girls take it all in.  They have so much joy & excitement.  And this is a place where they can just be little!!  When it was time to come back home, I left already feeling a little homesick for Disney & trying to plan our next visit.

At the risk of sounding like an old fogie, my girls are growing up in a very different world than I grew up in. As cliche as that sounds, it is very true.  When I was little, I dreamt about growing up, but I wasn't in a big hurry.  I'm pretty sure I remember playing with my Barbies & dolls well past the age of 12.  These days, for girls especially, it seems that our kids are expected to act & look grown up so much faster than they need to.  Because of this, I'm very thankful for these trips to Disney & talking about Peter Pan & Neverland.  I want my girls to grow into beautiful & strong women.  BUT first I want them to relish & enjoy every moment of childhood.  It is so very important that we let them be little.  

During spring break we made a quick get away to Gatlinburg.  This has always been one of our favorite places to visit.














We hiked at old cabin, we visited lots of shops on the strip in Gatlinburg & in Pigeon Forge, we hit the Aquarium & The Dixie Stampede, we had an olde tyme photo made, & we visited the Island in Pigeon Forge for the first time. 



I love these little trips & I especially love spending quality time with my 3 favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment