Wednesday, November 4, 2015

WHY..........What is your WHY??

Decisions.........life is full of them.  I mean our days are filled with decisions......from the mundane to the sometimes life changing.  The older I get the harder the decisions seem to be.  But at the heart of every decision I make (& I'm sure I'm no different than anyone else out there) is to determine what is best for MY FAMILY.
This is a picture of my family from our recent vacation in the Smokies.  These are my people.  My husband & I talk all the time about decisions & choices to be made & what is the best option for our girls & their future.


In January 2013 we decided to try to clean up our family's diet.  I found myself worrying about all the junk that we consume on a daily basis.  So, we decided to try to get rid of all high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, & other chemicals that are in our foods.  We started with baby steps & we started making our own bread.  Then we moved on to making other things from scratch.  It was really overwhelming but I felt like it was the best thing for us. Well, time marched on & it all got easier. Then after a year of doing this our diet was mostly "clean". (I say mostly clean because we still splurge & we eat yummy things that are not good for us.)  After getting our diet in better shape I started thinking about what else I could "clean up."  To me the next logical step was to tackle my home remedy supply.  We have never been a very sickly family & we've always used medication (OTC or prescription) sparingly & as a last resort.  I had been researching essential oils for months & months & the idea was very intriguing to me.  I loved the idea of having a natural way to take care of my family's occasional minor ailments.  And just like my food, I wanted  oils that were completely natural.  So after I had been researching for a while, I noticed a friend of mine, Elizabeth Bailey was posting about Young Living Essential Oils on facebook.  Young Living was the company I was already leaning toward after my own research.  Elizabeth was a person that I felt would be making informed decisions & I trusted her judgement.  So I messaged her one day after seeing her facebook post.  I asked all kinds of questions & she answered them confirming my thoughts about Young Living. That afternoon I took the plunge (in February 2014) & bought an essential oil starter kit for myself.  I can't tell you how excited I was that day!! When my kit arrived I was like a kid at Christmas.  I dove right in & starting using the oils on my family & diffusing & making creams. I. LOVE. IT!!!! Best decision I've ever made. Since February we've been using essential oils daily...............lavender, peppermint, Valor, etc.  We're always reaching for our oils!!  I've also been known to apply them to friends & family.  If I hear them talking about something they're dealing with, I come running with my oil bag!!  There are no words to describe how I feel when someone asks me about something & I share an essential oil with them, then they come back telling me what that oil did for them!!  It completely makes my day!!  My girls know the oils & know what to ask for when they need something.  
So, when I'm asked WHY I started using Young Living for my family, ^^^that's what I tell people.  My WHY is my people........I want what is best for them.  We all have a story to tell & a WHY for our story.  I hope you've found my why helpful & I hope you'll revisit your why.  

















I'd love to hear from you.  Please share your WHY with me.  Or if you have questions about Young Living I'd love to talk with you about that.  You can email me or find me on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment