Friday, July 11, 2014

Welcome!

Good morning!!!  And welcome to my Drops of Love blog!!  This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now but it has taken me some time to actually tackle it & get it done!!  I'll let my first blog post introduce you to me a little.  My name is Erica & I'm 39 years old.  I've been married to my best friend for 17-1/2 years & we have 2 precious daughters.  Ava just turned 8 & Aubrey will be 5 in October. These girls are both such a joy to raise............thoughtful, respectful, independent, funny, sincere. They loves God & their family.  Ava loves to go places & do things...........she don't want to miss anything!! Aubrey loves to go places & do things, but she also loves to just be at home. I'm amazed how my girls can be so alike & so completely different all at the same time!!  We live on a 21 acres & we have 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 8 goats, & approximately 30 chickens 
My two sweet babies

I've never really thought of myself as a country girl..........I'm not a city girl either though.  Having said that, I never dreamed I would enjoy our farm life as much as I do.  My girls are thriving & learning so much & they LOVE living on a farm. 

To give you a little background..........when Jim & I married, he was a brick mason (he comes from a family of brick masons) & I was finishing up my degree to be a teacher.  We had a house in the country & thought we were set.  Then Jim decided that he wanted to finish his college degree.  He still wanted to lay bricks, but he wanted the satisfaction of finishing the college career he started.  Little did I know that him going back to college at night to finish his degree would lead to us moving to Auburn, Alabama for him to pursue veterinary medicine!  He worked so hard & finished his undergraduate courses & was accepted to Auburn University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2001.  So off we went.  We lived there for 4 years while he completed veterinary school.  Then we moved back home.  Over the course of the first 4 or 5 years, he worked at a couple of different clinics as an associate veterinarian.  The first was a mixed animal practice. The second was small animal only.  Then it was time to open his own clinic.  So, in 2010 that's exactly what he did............Eastside Animal Hospital opened in September & we've been so blessed by the way this business has taken off.  We had also moved to town right before he opened the new clinic, so that made it very easy for him to come & go to the clinic as often as he needed without much of a commute.  Thankfully it has been a very successful almost 4 years of business!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment