Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Changes

Our most recent endeavor after starting the new vet clinic has been trying to clean up our diet.  So in January 2013 we decided to tackle this.  We decided to try to get rid of all high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, & other chemicals that are in our foods.  So, we started making our own bread.  Then we moved on to making everything else from scratch.  WHEW..........talk about overwhelming!!!  I quit buying bisquick & "cream of" soups & butter substitutes & the list can go on & on.  Honestly, there were days that ended with lots of tears shed because I was so overwhelmed & felt that I couldn't keep up with.  And I wanted to so badly..........I truly believed it was what was best for my family.  Well, time marched on & it all got easier.  :)  It took a few months, but I got to where I was doing lots of these chores without even thinking about it anymore.  YAY!!!  Then after I year doing this our diet was mostly "clean". Now we still go to other people's houses (people who don't eat clean) & we eat & enjoy the food they provide. We also still go to restaurants.  So, I started thinking about what else I could "clean up."  To me the next logical step was to tackle the medicine cabinet.  I had been researching essential oils for months & months & the idea was very intriguing to me.  I like the idea of having a natural way to take care of my family's minor ailments.  And just like my food, I wanted a oil that were completely natural. I finally took the plunge in February 2014 & bought an essential oil starter kit for myself. I. LOVE. IT!!!! Best decision I've ever made.  I can't wait to tell you more about how we're using these oils.  But first, we'll need to define what we're talking about.  :)   

What are essential oils?  They are certainly more than nice smelling scents.  They are very soothing & therapeutic & healing.  Did you know that essential oils have been used since the beginning of time?  Essential oils are usually extracted from the plant by steam distillation.  They are sometimes also cold-pressed.  These  purest essential oils are far more powerful & potent than dry herbs.  They deliver effective results quickly. Because of the nature of the oils & the requirements to get the PURE oils, I decided get my essential oils from Young Living Essential Oils.  They guarantee 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.  These health promoting oils from Young Living can be diffused, inhaled, applied topically, incorporated into massage, or taken internally.  By using the oils this way, you can enhance your physical wellness, promote positive emotional state, and purify your home.  

I mentioned Young Living Essential Oils above.  Because of their guarantee of purity & the integrity of the company, I was sold on getting essential oils to use for my family from them.  In later posts, I'll be sharing ways we use YLEOs in our home.  Here is a quick video to give you a peek at they Seed to Seal guarantee & what that means:  Young Living Seed to Seal
I'm thankful to have found Young Living & am thankful to Gary Young for his dedication to getting us only the BEST, PURE essential oils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment